About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!!!



As it is said “love is in the air”! That statement is even truer today.

Just before you begin thinking about the thousand-and-one things that could be wrong with Valentine’s Day, think about what could be right with it. As Christians, first of all, we know we do not just love or celebrate love on Valentine’s Day, because love is our nature. But, I encourage you to view this day as an opportunity to let those who you love know how much they mean to you. Just like we don’t celebrate Jesus only on Christmas Day, but we have picked out December 25th to specially celebrate Him, you can make today a day to specially appreciate those who love you as well as those you love.

It’s time to celebrate our fathers, mothers, siblings, co-workers, friends, and ‘foes’. Think about how they have improved your life. Show them that you care, just in case they are not sure or the idea needs emphasis in their hearts. Remember Jesus asked Peter “do you love me?” three times over [John 21:14-17]. If Jesus needed Peter to declare his love in that way, I am sure those you love would like for you to show it. And, if you have any faulty relationship, there is no better time than now to do something about it.

With that, I’d like to appreciate certain people. I want say “thank you” to my parents – Mr. Emmanuel & Mrs. Beatrice Olubusi – for raising me up in the word of God and providing for me; I love you very much! Also, to my siblings – we’ve been through it all together; I love you all very much! To some of the most special people in my life, the leaders and members of BLW Morgan State, you all know you have salted my life a lot, and I love you! To my Pastors [Rev. Chris, Pastor Aloy, and Bro. Soji], thank you for teaching me God’s word which is the material with which He has changed my life. To all BLW brethren and Christians from other ministries, especially my U.K., Nigeria, South Africa, and North America brethren that I met on Facebook, I sincerely do love you guys.

To all my Morgan State University friends, classmates, and acquaintances, you have made the experience an exquisite one; therefore, I appreciate you as well. To my K.C. besties – the seven; you guys are just too cool. You all are a different breed, and I love you just the way you are! To my primary school friends that I am still in touch with, especially Seun Olalekan, much love!

Very special thanks to you the readers of Burnivine’s Blogoscope. Even though the HolySpirit has been my constant strength and supply, without you all, there would have been no one to write for. So, I appreciate YOU! Many thanks also to the editor of this blog [who was hitherto unknown to readers] – Emeka Obiaka; you have been a great encouragement. And, to my publicist – ThisGokeBoySef Olubusi – you’re super-cool!

Finally, I appreciate my standby, helper, strength, guide, peace, joy, and righteousness – the Spirit of Truth and Grace Himself. Thank you, precious HolyGhost, for your love and faithfulness. I love you very much!!!

Go ahead and celebrate those you love right now! Also, write a shout-out comment!

4 comments:

  1. If Jesus is reading this blog, I love you much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you Deji, thank you for being a consatnt source of inspiration, thank you for helping to build my generation! Tolu Dawodu

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Tolu: I love you too!!! God bless you. And, yes, we are building our generation together to God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awwww....Woah, first valentine fell on Sunday( best valentine yet) and then so many people have been going the unconventional way about celebrating pouring much love...So much love.....Dee, you know how we do now....One, bro, loving you all the way....and you make a great writer, did I ever tell you and the holyspirit has really been improving you on that...Love yo! much

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...