About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Life's Soundtrack



Ever wished that life had a soundtrack? That you could walk in the sunshine, smell fresh flowers, love and be loved [just like in those movies], and most of all have a soul-stirring melody playing in the background. Or, for the less artistic person, have you ever desired that action-packed always-on-the-move kind of life that your favorite actors portray? No time for unnecessary dialogue…just plain action-productivity? Or, do you [like myself] want both? Alas, “if wishes were horses?”

In human reality, life has no soundtrack. It just doesn’t happen that way, no matter how badly we wish it to be. Yet, God tells us [Christians] something very important; He says “Keep your heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.” [Proverbs 4:23] What that says to me is that everything I need to live the life I desire is on the inside. Simply amazing! Science has proven that man has not begun to explore the half of his potentialities. Purely objective observation of science, therefore, proves that it supports the Word of God according to the Bible, since the previous scripture lets us know that all we need to enjoy life is in our hearts; Jesus also stated concerning believers in His Name that “whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do.” [John 14:12] What an enormous capability we carry!

It is time we begun to reach into ourselves and pull out all we need. God made my house [or home] to be my body. So, I never have to look outside for anything, be it joy, peace, or that lovely soundtrack. The Bible teaches me that I can make melody in my heart to God and sing spiritual songs [that have never been penned] all by myself, in my heart. Something interesting the Bible also says is that, by doing that, I’d be filled with the fullness of God [Ephesians 5:18 - 19]. Wow! What a life! I create my own soundtrack of life now. So, when you see me walking, smiling, and enjoying the sunshine while meditatively producing an action-packed day, don’t think I’m trying to live the movies. No, the movies only showed a shadow, a mirage, a yearning; I am living the real deal. In those movies, we’ve been shown what man [as a spirit] knows is achievable. But, in God’s Word, we’re taught how to achieve that deep craving.

In January 2009, I heard my Pastor [Rev. Chris Oyakhilome] say, “I hear a different song”, and he went on to explain that the song he hears is not from this world. Ever since then, I have determined to hear Zion’s songs in my spirit – to soundtrack my life with songs from the Holy City of God in my heart. Nobody can teach you how to do it. As you pray in the spirit and worship, just reach in. I am still learning as well, but I am enjoying the whole process. Have the instruments in your heart; reach musical notes that are not humanly possible. Create new instruments. See! Be inspired! All around us there is creativity and inspiration. Just take a look around you, no matter how horrible, or on the contrary, exquisite where you are seems to be, and translate it all to a song of worship or intercession from inside you.

There’s a topic we’d discuss sooner than later. It’s nostalgia - and its beautiful, yet entrapping and paralytic effects. Have you ever had that song that reminded you of “way back when” and all the feelings came rushing back? That very song could keep you in way back when and steal the moment you could use to meditate on “way up there” in your future. Be more excited about the songs you’ll hear in the future of success that you’ve painted for yourself. Believe that those songs are definitely deeper and more captivating than the ones of yesterday. Look forward to them; meditate on them. And, even, create them. The past loves you very much and wants you back. But, you have to determine for yourself that the golden soundtrack before you is way better than the silver [no matter how shiny] that you have passed.

God bless you, and have a fruitful weekend!

P.S: Loads of answers to very popular contemporary questions [by my very own Rev. Chris Oyakhilome] currently available on Pastor Chris Online in video format will soon be available in readable written format as well on the Pastor Chris Online Transcripts blog. Though you can view the blog now, it is still “under construction”.

10 comments:

  1. Lovely, simply lovely.. I had a smile on my face the whole time as i read and after...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, my friend before now, God has been putting these thoughts in me....U know, it's like I have been living in a different world with different realities from those around me...When I teach, I tell people that they can define their own realities and stop going with that line "I love to face realities"...Onetime, I wondered would who taught me that and the Spirit said right in my head "that's right", he did teach me. Thank you, for this insightful teaching and other exposition of our world realities....I love the whole making your own soundtrack....As you know, I'm a bit dramatic and movie-like so I really love to know that yes! I can have my life play and dance to my own songs....Whoa, Love ya, Man...
    And Yeah...the thing about Nostalgia....It makes total sense to me and will love to hear more on that when you post it...Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. St. Burnish. Thanks bro. Kayaba! All i ever need to be successful is completely packaged within me. Glory to God!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I hear a different song indeed. Right deep within my spirit. Thanks for the inspiration St. Burnish, God bless and increase you mightily!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I only hear those rhythms from my future kidabaste...Thanx St. Deji for the revelation and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I only hear those rhythms from my future kidabaste...Thanx St. Deji for the revelation and insight.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going -a-meditating right now!

    God Bless you St. Burnish

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too now choose to "Hear a Different Song" I need to read this over and over again.

    So much power in those words.

    ReplyDelete
  9. quite interesting.... thinking on it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I jst had to come back and read this again...Simple words,deep realities...I can draw out so much from this...You know, as Pastor Chris says...Life is a gift from God...To me, this gift contains so many 'wrapped/veiled packages' which God, with every passing moments keeps unveiling to us, leaving us stunned by what was in there 4 us...Life's soundtracks...So beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...