About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Series of Fortunate Events…Part 2

Just before we continue on the episodes that bolstered my spiritual growth, I have a testimony to share, one that pertains to event 4. Last night in the absence of anyone else in sight I was approached by three men, one of which conveyed the impression that he possessed a weapon. One of the young men demanded that I surrendered my valuables. I looked into his eyes, somewhat irritated, and said “I have nothing for you”. He persisted with the other two guys lurking around.

That very second, I was prompted by the HolyGhost to speak in other tongues; as I began to do so, more boldness surged through me and I ceased to care about the potential danger. I spoke louder, and as I did, something fascinating happened. In a couple of seconds, the young man requesting my belongings began to back away in fear, while I continued to my destination. By the time I looked back, they were all gone. Praise God!

I shared this testimony to remind you that the word of God is practicable, and it works! You don’t have to prepare for such situations; just stay filled with HolySpirit, and He will make you as bold as a lion. Now, back to the last two events that solidified my faith, the final episodes in a series of fortunate events orchestrated by the HolySpirit:

Event 3 – “You’re Welcome”: On the Sunday after I was invited to Christ Embassy, for reasons unknown to me, my family showed no interest in going to church. And, immediately, the thought came: “how about that church you were invited to?” Upon arrival at Christ Embassy Satellite Church Ajah, I was welcomed by one of the ladies I met while trying to purchase a message the day before. With those words “you’re welcome”, I immediately felt at home. That day, I listened to my first female Pastor, and I was blown away. She talked just like Rev. Chris Oyakhilome in boldness and audacity. And, then, we listened to a message [titled The Book of Philippians] by Rev. Chris that answered all my questions about the ministry. It was as though God planned the service for me. What if we had gone to my old church?

Event 4 – “Go on and speak in other tongues”: If you recall, I mentioned in the post titled “He’s Never Too Far Away” that I received the HolyGhost on the night I read “Good Morning, HolySpirit” by Benny Hinn. I also pointed out the fact that I did not know that I had received the HolyGhost till weeks after that experience. Teaching after teaching and meeting after meeting, I realized what happened to me that night. In Christ Embassy, I had learned the importance of speaking in tongues and even spoken in tongues in dreams, but I didn’t know how to get it into physical manifestation. On a particular Sunday, I remember my Pastor leading some people into Christ and laying hands on them to receive the HolySpirit. She asked them to begin to speak in tongues and I thought, “begin?” It was at that point that I realized I needed to take a step of faith; the experience was not going to come with a mighty rushing wind like I thought. As she said, “go on and speak in other tongues”, the HolySpirit stirred up faith in me and I opened my mouth. That ability to speak in tongues has since saved my life and that of family members like in the testimony I previously highlighted; the same ability has promoted me and strengthened my faith. But, what if I did not speak like she said?

After reading this article and the “what ifs” at the end of each event, you may be tempted to think that it was a matter of luck and chance. And, you may think to yourself, “I’ll wait till my time comes”. I’ve got news for you. God has predestined us for his glory, but NOW is the time of that glory. Always, God requires you to take a step of faith on His word. 2 Corinthians 6:2 says “For he saith, I have heard thee in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I succored thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.”

Reading this article could be your event 1. It is all up to you!

Have you had any fortunate events? Care to share?

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Glory! Thank God for your testimony, Deji. This is the authentic Christian life ---the pulsating life of God in a man, the practice of the heavenly on earth, heeyy!... divinity at work in humanity! Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Chibz: Yes o....we don't deal with religion anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GLORY TO GOD!! He's AWESOME!!!! Hallelujah, God works in WONDROUS WAYS!
    And I LOVE it when I just look back and be like "AHH THAT'S WHY GOD PUT ME THERE"! you know coz ALL THINGS work together for good to them that love God...(Romans 8:28)

    I go to a school which is VERY far from my home and i know God placed me there, even before I was Christian, for a reason; as i was exposed to the gospel by my school friend and how I came to Christ Embassy was through another school friend aswell, Marie, who was my spiritual mentor from the beginning of my walk with God! We would talk about God and I would ask her question after question and she was my source of food as she spoke the Word. And then I found a church but i was not getting fed so i asked Marie what I should do, she introduced me to Christ Embassy which i had heard lots about from her and decided to give it a go. So i went there on my own and by God's perfect will, the church was on the journey I took to and from school EVERYDAY! which is so amazing because my mum would have been more reluctant to let me go if it wasnt, and its just SOO perfect! and from that moment on i knew that this is where God had called me to be! Praise God!! Imagine if I didn't go to that school?

    God is amazing! Get to know him! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Emma: I'm always so excited when I read your comments - so consistent. WOW!!! I thank God for you; many times, I feel as though God has set us up in a sense for a victorious life. We can't miss the way; He's our GPS. Hallelujah!!! Thanks for adding Romans 8:28 on there...

    ReplyDelete
  5. AH! Emma, truly, you're in the spirit. We ate and drank that verse you put up yesterday - from the message "Exercising your Spirit". Wow! I've been set-up for the Divine life. yes o. That GPS thing, I need to meditate on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spot on!....The spirit of God is upon u...U dont even know the half of it...I dont think u would be doing much with that degree..(hehe)...thanks u for forum...thank u for sharing this experience...U are a blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Victor: I'm always excited to see your comments. Thank you so much for the excellent words. God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. am so amazed by your testimonies and your words,,waw, u put the words at work, u r filled with the Spirit dat should be a lifestyle of each true christian, u touched my heart,may the Holy Spirit give me more of Him, increase Himself so dat anger,bitterness,distraction go away from me!!and always filled with the Holy Ghost in all the time dat why we live for!!God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Sis. Laurence: I'll try to remember you in my prayers. Thank you so much for that comment. As for the anger, bitterness, and distraction, just lay them aside. Realize that they are not your true nature in Christ; you are filled with love and focus - know it in your heart and confess it everyday!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...