About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Series of Fortunate Events…Part 1

For we are God's [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].” – Ephesians 2:10 Amplified Version
After I reported my experience with the HolySpirit to my friend [and others], spiritual growth was not automated. Certain occurrences made God more real to me everyday, and only the opening scripture can best describe the divine orchestration that manifested itself as what we now refer to as a series of fortunate events. I now ecstatically present to you four of the incidents that laid a strong foundation for me in the precious third person of the Godhead we fondly refer to as the HolySpirit. I also endeavor to share the specific impact of each episode.

Event 1 – Pastor Chris’ Teaching: In a little over a month before my much anticipated graduation, I had become addicted to a show that completely eclipsed any other interests. With every opportunity, 8PM was my time. As I sat there every weekday listening to the man of God Rev. Chris Oyakhilome on television, my eyes were opened to the reality of the word of God. No longer did I view the bible as an ordinary chronicle or a constitution of laws that had become my war. Rather, its contents had become life to me. With every word from the mouth of the man of God, I fell in love more and more with God. With over a 120 purchased messages and several hours of online/TV broadcasts, that “more” factor still remains. What if I had not gotten interested in that show?

Event 2 – The Stop: Ordinarily as it began, the sunny July day I now describe soon turned out to be one of my most defining days. Being the timid fellow I was, I had always found it hard to stop public buses before a declared stop especially considering the harshness of their drivers. But, on this day, something beyond me prompted me to request an emergency stop right outside Christ Embassy Ajah – Lagos, Nigeria. The initial intention was to purchase my first Pastor Chris’ message; however, within a couple of minutes in the church office, I had experienced much more love and attention than I ever thought possible. The ladies in the church office spoke excitedly about each message they encouraged me to purchase. I knew it was more than marketing – it was for real. That lovely Saturday, I was invited to what would be my first Christ Embassy Sunday service, and I remember replying with a laugh “no…I have a church”. What if I had not stopped the bus?

To be continued…

Feel free to submit your comments and personal stories. God bless you!

12 comments:

  1. Wow, isn't it amazing how the presence of the Holy Spirit in your life makes you hungry... so hungry that, before you realize what you're doing, you'll start purchasing your "first material", lol! Oh, I this! And I love the Holy Ghost! hahaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD is AMAZING!and it is just sooo wonderful how EVERYTHING works together for the good of those who love God! When i look back at my own life i see all the events that happened before and after i gave my life to Christ and they all intertwine into God's PERFECT will. Praise GOd forevermore!

    Like when i was 14 in year 9 we were all put into different classes at school, and i got put into a class with a girl called Comfort, and before i didn't really know her, but after talking to her for a bit we were literally INSEPERABLE! We could just talk and talk and talk. And then i began sharing with her the problems i had at home and she said to me, ' you remind me of a Christian' and i was like' HUH??' because i was Buddhist back then. And then her and others preached the gospel to me and i gave my life to Christ. So even before i was Christian ,God answered my prayers because i remember praying to God late at night when i was not born again and asked him ' God, whoever you are, i pray that you will change my situation at home and fix everything at home and make everything normal again, Amen' and back then i didn't know who i was praying to, i just knew it was the God out there in space, and its funny and just so wonderful when i look back because i rememeber even back then when i prayed that prayer the image of Jesus appeared in my mind! PRAISE GOD! He's sooo awesome! And now i have the life of God in me and i have the power to change EVERY situation! Praise God!

    He listens and he answers even to the lost how much more His own! His love is...exceedingly and abundantly above ALL you could ever imagine! Hallelujah! Bless the name of Jesus!

    Jesus Loves You and KEEP SHINING!!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Chibueze: Yes, that hunger is soooo vital. And, I'm right there with you in loving the HolyGhost!

    @ Emma: Your testimonies never cease to amaze me and cause me to give God glory. That you were once Buddhist is a testimony that I know someone will read on this blog to give their heart Christ. You know, if men would just pray, God will come into their situations. He wants them to know He loves Him, so if it means answering prayers ever before they get born again, my loving Father is up for it. Praise God!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW~ I can only say WOW~ Even then while we sat and watched Pastor Chris' Teachings and I wondered why it was that you were so addicted to this message, the Holy Spirit was orchestrating a series of events to bring the fullness of the gospel to us. I didn't understand why, sometimes I would join everyone else in idle discussions about this message, other times I would sit down , watch it for myself and stand amazed.

    Though this was many years ago, if you hadn't taken that step and gone to Church that day, I probably wouldn't have gone with you the next sunday.

    Amazingly, the first time I came in contact with the ministry was when I was about 10. I was down the streets and two young teenage girls stopped me and invited me to Christ Embassy. I didn't go because I wasn't allowed too but I definitely knew there was something about them. They were joyous, confident and it seemed like they knew somethng different.

    Thank God I got the gospel at an early age. Now at age 17, I can boldly say look how far I've come.

    Thank You Lord Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Goke: WOW! I certainly agree with you; we were setting ourselves up for success and a life in God. Now, we are those joyous and confident people that know something different. I thank God for His grace in bringing His will to pass in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A dear brother just shared with me the occurrences that led him to conclude that being an active christian is the best thing one could ever be...He was explained how the Holy Spirit arrested him during the fasting and prayer service with Pastor Chris on Dec 6th 2009 by giving him an insight into how much more impact he will have in the lives of many should he choose to walk with God...all his questions and doubts were answered right there and then during the service...

    I thank God for Glorious presence of God at meetings with our awesome man of God Pastor Chris, he has been a blessing to us all and will continue to be a blessing to many more...

    God bless you guys, your comments have been Spirit filling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Bimbo: Thank you so much for that. Once again, it goes back to Zion, the city of our solemnities. As Pastor said, it is critical to be at meetings (gatherings) of the believers. In that place, God can work on you and in you at the same time.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ~wow~...am blessed....am just so excited to actually no people of the same mindset with me!..there is somfin bout Blw...no one comes to christembassy, its a calling...and i was called!..infact i only joined Blw in 2008 cos i was never allowed to attend CE..i had to follow my dad to his own church, even though some of my sisters went to CE...buh i always prayed to God every nite saying..''when i grow older i will be in christembassy'' i knew there was somfin bout BLw.......and indeed it came to pass...glory!..i broke free and immedaitley i was catapulted to the greatest height u can ever imagine..i was raised and today am a cell leader ...like just within a year and now am raisin champions for the future..am a soul magnet!...halleluyah!..am so happy..i love pastor chris..he's the best father ever and he made the word of God real to me...pastor said..''when u hear people talkin u down , u will hear me talkin u up'',...and dats wat i hear..i hear pastor talkin me up...i feel the joy wellin up in my spirit..am high on christ!!.heaven is seen in my eyes..God needs me just a much as i need him..God cannot do without me....BOY!!!..christ in me the hope of glory and i can as wel say, christ in me the reflection of his glory!....oh what a day of rejoicing it will be, when we all see jesus, we will sing and shout victory!!!keep shinin, ur voice, ur words ur blogs of today shall be heard and read wordwide......God bless u!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Raychul: Amen to that prayer!!! Thank you so much for sharing that. You know, I thought you were born into Christ Embassy. But, WOW....thank God for your life. And, you are so right about that statement and I love it: "no one comes to Christ Embassy, its a calling." And, I thank God I was called.

    Keep the comments coming, people!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good piece deji...I once heard that God work like a G.P.S device... Simply put-He says go three steps and make a right...it so happens that we always make left turns(i.e wrong turns)...its amazing though that even after we make those turns..he doesnt abandon us...Like a G.P.S device he simply recalculates what we need to do, to get to where we ought to be, based on where we are...His Spirit is flawless....

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Victor: That is simply AMAZING!!! Before I saw your comment, we just finished praying and the Spirit of God had mentioned something regarding GPS device. And, to think that I never heard that before. But, the Spirit of God told me something almost exactly like you said.

    Indeed, it is one Spirit and one Lord.

    I love you, bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amen!!!!...He is ever with us...bearing witness...Love u too bro!!!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...