About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Friday, June 25, 2010

Not Mine


For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s” [1 Corinthians 6:20]


There was a certain man [a Christian] whose story became popular amongst believers several years ago. It was said that he, while on a train, was asked by a group of men to play a game with them aboard the train. Apparently, the other men required one more person to complete the team that was needed to play this game. To the men’s surprise, the Christian Brother on the train replied their request with the words “sorry, I did not come with my hands.” The other guys, looking at him in utter shock and disbelief, considering that he looked in perfect condition to them, asked him [pointing toward his hands] “what about these?” Without hesitation, this believer on the train said “oh no, these are not mine!” At this point, the men on the train thought that there must be something wrong with the man to whom they had made a request; who knows, they may have thought to themselves “why, out of everyone on this part of the train, did we choose to ask this crazy man?
However, the Christian Brother began at those words “not mine” - to preach to them the life in Christ. He went on to explain that Jesus had paid with His own life for him, so the life that he lived, he lived as unto the man [Jesus] that purchased him with His own blood. Paul knew this same thing and so he could say boldly “I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me” [Galatians 2:20]. It is high time we believers began to recognize that we were bought by Jesus and for a very high price at that. There is a popular picture that many Christians have of a sinking man who Jesus came and rescued. But, no brothers and sisters; He did not rescue us like that from the water by throwing us a rope or sending in divers. The right picture is that we were legally condemned to be drowned for our wrongs, but He came and surrendered Himself in our place. He did not just rescue you and me like that; He was drowned in sin, condemnation, and judgment in our place.
Paul in Acts 20:28 referred to “the church of God, which He [Jesus] purchased with his own blood”. For that high price, there is a kind of life we ought to live. Since we owe Him our lives, we ought to now live as unto Him, fulfilling every desire of His. Let us stand up and begin to submit our goals, ambitions, aspirations, relationships, and decisions to Him. Let us be truly lost in Him. Understand that He is the Only Wise God, and He did not bring you to the world to run men’s programs [men’s programs = birth, elementary school, middle/high school, college, work, marriage, bear kids, more money, and death]. Life can be more fulfilling than what you are currently experiencing or what those before you have experienced. There is something special and unique about YOU and ME. We need to yield ourselves to the HolyGhost in prayer and study of the Word till He makes His vision as clear to us as it was made to Paul in Acts 9. First, however, we need to stir up a desire. Let us begin NOW to develop a strong desire to be who God planned for us to be – that man that God so badly wanted us to be that He didn’t mind giving up His only Son for a chance that we would become that man.
Please, kindly share with us your comments and thoughts, but most importantly, testimonies of things, habits, persons, relationships, goals, and dreams that you had to give up in order to permit God’s will in your life. Someone somewhere in the world just may be encouraged by the strength of God that you demonstrated.

5 comments:

  1. Whoop!!! First of all, I had the unique privilege of seeing the birth of this particular blog, and I have the unique privilege of being the first to comment on it! Yes, truly, I am bought with a price, and I am not mine. I learnt something today while watching one of the messages by Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, titled, ‘The Impact of the Holy Spirit on the Human Body’. He talked about this same exact thing - How our bodies are not ours, but we have been bought with a price; paid for in the currency of the blood of God (since by definition the Son of God is God), and how we have become God's sons as a result of that substitution and purchase.
    A personal example: For the last 2 years, I've worked as a Residential Assistant (RA) on my campus. It’s been a rewarding job, but last year, it took so much of my time that I did not have enough time for God, or my studies. And it was more stressful than usual. I had prayed about it, but I never complained to other people (except to my brethren in Christ, of course). Now, there's this reapplication process that every RA has to go through each year, where they state what it is they have done for that year in a portfolio and a presentation. I did it last year, but this year, after doing mine, I decided not to turn mine in. However, I was still considered for the job, while other people who did above and beyond what was asked were asked not to return. I was really favored. Let me put it in numbers for you. Out of 14 staff members in one building, only 3 were asked to return. I was one of those 3 - while the rest who did the presentation and everything else were fired.
    On a normal day, this would be a cause to rejoice and say "Thank God! I have my job back! I won't be broke!" Right? Wrong! This is not a normal day; this is the day the Lord has made. Basically, since I am now a child of God, I have come to understand that God is interested in where I work, because he wouldn't want work to overtake the time I spend with him. Plus, He is also interested in where I work because I am the light of the world - I have to shine as bright as bright can be: I have to witness to people where I work - whether I feel like or not. In fact, it has gotten to a stage where the Word of God now oozes out of me - it's not a struggle to preach it anymore.
    So, since God is interested in where I work, what do I do? I asked him a few days ago: ‘Lord, what do you think? What should I do? Should I return to this RA job? Or should I move on?’ Two days after that, the lady from the job calls me and leaves me a voicemail telling me that she received my application info, and she wanted me to return. Was that the confirmation I needed? No.
    Tonight, however, at the all-night meting I just returned from, I got my answer. Guess what it was? Yup. I'm not returning as an RA. I'm moving on – He already has something else in place for me. Why? Because God said so. Because he owns me. Because all I do is to please him. And I know that as his righteous one, I will not be ashamed or disgraced - he cares for me, and knows how to take care of his own. So, I rest in his decision. And guess what? That makes me super rich! Remember, the Earth is the Lord's, and I am his heir - his son! (Isa 45:1-4).
    Know that God loves you for you, and you will never be ashamed if you give yourself to him. He died for you; why not live for him? Plus, that’s the best life anyone can live – a life devoid of sickness, poverty, death and any other thing that bothers man – the life of God. But you cannot fully yield yourself to him, if you do not have his Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is the one that gives you the ability to live for God every day, and makes your Christian Life divine. Ask God for his Spirit – he’s not far away, but right where you are. Go ahead and ask God to fill you with his Spirit, and begin to enjoy the Life I live – the life that this dear blogger-friend-of-mine lives – the life that God lives. It’s the best kind of life to live, I tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Royalty,
    This is a subject of interest!. I confess to be currently pondering the same subject. its intriguing how it's encompassing...As believers we are REQUIRED to be constantly filled with the spirit, meaning, at every point in time, we carry God's fullest measure...Naturally, we receive HIS instructions and adhere to them. Simple process, Simple plan, Yet! Complacency is the order!...One of the fruits of growth in Christ, is realizing that God is not here for us but We are here for Him...Remember we are his workmanship!...In essesnce, the day we begin to count all our losses and begin to drop habits and relationships that deter us away from the peace of "followership", we might never fully grasp the potency engraved in fellowship. In Christ, dwells all wisdom....Wow!..ALL WISDOM!...As much as I would love to make an endless list of all the things I have forgone, I recognize that, relativity is the order of the Spirit...The Spirit does bear witness...and I choose instead to Comb my hands through my hair...Stay Still in the bossom of truth and remind His counsel that I'm always willing regardless of the Cost!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CeeJay, your comment was very encouraging.God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesus is my Lord, My Master
    Master of my heart, soul and body.
    He is the Messiah...Jesus

    "...that man that God so badly wanted us to be that He didn’t mind giving up His only Son for a chance that we would become that man."

    as i was reading this blog for the second time whilst listening to this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5sJ3R0heUk , The Spirit of God let me my Spirit and soul experience the tangible love of God and it is just summed up in the quote above. And you think the ONLY reason why i am still breathing is because of God's grace, the reason why my soul is not damned to eternity in hell, is because of God, the nature of GOd and the way He sees me.

    He saw me in darkness He saw my destiny, in hell and because He saw me in that state He thought me precious and valuable, He saw me as meaning too much Him, too sacred to just let me go there, go to the place i deserved to go... God Almighty, saw my heart crying out and He decided to send His Only, Only Son Jesus to go down and save me from my current state, not that He would of gotten me for sure but He sent Jesus so i could have that option, that choice to be with Him for eternity. And oh boy, did i run to the Father when i heard of Him, and oh did i embrace His love for me. oh how i just wrapped myself in His eternal great love for me. Oh how i daily swim in his grace, oh how i just experience His electrifying yet calming love, How i embrace all of Him. His very being is in me, I and Him are one. Me and God, It is just Me and God, no one else. Just me and God

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waow @ Cj's comment! I am inspired by your testimony, your path shines brighter and brighter. "My anointing is upon you to do good and to prosper in all that you set your mind to do. The writing of death against you is cancelled. I have laid before you raod of endless possibilities and you are walking in it and eating the fruit thereof" - thus saith the Lord


    Waow! The Spirit of God desires that we his children relate with him with love because that is the origin of our life so we can only be sustained by love. I was just thinking to myself that sometimes we desire to be more humble, to be more graced, more blessed, more anointed, more intelligent, more wise or even more gifted than we already are but the Spirit of God says LOVE is the answer. Get a hold of my love and all these other things will be added. Love is selfless, there is no "I" in love it is faceless, does not care about pumping himself up, does not desire anything in return (but it still never lacks)..waow!

    Praise God...

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...