About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Scandal of Grace



Sitting here on my bed, I still feel the presence of Jesus so intense that I said to Him, “how do I express how I feel right now?” The thoughts are overwhelming and His love is palpable. A lot of things happened today, but the most of it is that I saw Jesus clearer and now love Him more.


In the evening, I set out for some of my friends’ house for a hangout, not knowing what to expect. I like to consider myself as a spiritual person, and I am proud of it, but I don’t feel the same way about being referred to as “religious.” So, the main thing for me tonight was that nothing was religious. Everything was simple, fulfilling and pleasurable. At the house, Yinka Karis and I began to watch Pastor Chris Online clips and the presence of Jesus was so strong. We laughed and almost fell out under the power; boy, were we DRUNK in the Spirit.


Shortly after that, we heard Pastor Joseph Prince was ministering LIVE from Lakewood Church, and we decided to watch. WOW!!! It was a gathering of kings, and I believe heaven watched intently with excitement. I STRONGLY believe Jesus couldn’t contain Himself anymore; He DANCED! Boy, did JESUS dance tonight, while the devil cringed in fear and shame. As we watched, we celebrated Jesus, and we celebrated Him with so much joy. One of the highlights of Pastor Prince's message for me was when He talked about how Jesus decided to go hangout with Zaccheus, the tax collector, and the religious folk immediately took offence against Him. Pastor Prince said it was the beginning of “the scandal of grace.” Those words caught my attention, causing me to make up my mind to be a proud bearer of Christ’s grace message. I hope to write a book with that title, the Scandal of Grace, sometime in the future; it’ll be lovely.

Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed a great time with the people I call “friends.” I tend to pay a lot of attention to people’s eyes, and tonight all I saw was a lot of love being communicated - so much love it was impossible for Jesus to have been absent.  In everything we did, you could tell that Jesus was there. Now, I’m home, full of exuberant joy. I never stop being impressed by Jesus’ sacrifice for me. He bore it all. Now, all I have to do is look into His eyes and become more like Him as I do so. I’m not sure how to best communicate it, but I am convinced that HE LOVES ME!

P.S: Suggest a song for this post, please. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Deji!

    Its good you are back with this blog...I always wanna listen to what you gotta say...You know, I can so much relate to what you just shared cuz I appreciate friends alot and God always shines through their eyes...and I love getting caught up in those moments...its just fascinating!

    For me...a song would be Something Beautiful from Newboys or (i dedicate this one alot my friends)....Stronger by Mary.J.Blige

    You can check my blog sometimes...it's called Me and A Blog....meandablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ernest:

    Thanks for the kind words. You're a great friend. And, yes, I'm glad to be back with the blog.

    I'll listen to the Newsboys song and decide. I'll also check out your blog right away.

    Yours,

    @stburnish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...touching post. I like to say this is a graceful post you have up here. It has a different muse to it, the GRACE nuse! (I sure hope I used that word 'muse' right) That was some pleasurable hangout, and thank you for coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey that was absolutely great. my friends n i hang out like that. id like everyone to know that christians are n ought to live like that NORMALLY. Plus christianity is not a religion so i dont like it when people use that word in relation to me. ur blog is great!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...