About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Sunday, May 8, 2011

A Mother is a Priceless Jewel

A Priceless Jewel!

As I thought about the many things that people said about their mothers in church today, the sum of it all was expressed in the words of a brother that said “mothers are the epitome of selfless service.” As my Pastor began to explain, none of us could do anything by ourselves as children. We were invariably helpless; we had to be fed, clothed and carried. If those three chores were the only reasonable things a mother did for her child, she is still worth the honor.

Most people have more than one mother, in the sense of the saying “it takes a village to raise a child.” So, I am very appreciative of all my spiritual mothers and my physical mother (who happens to be very spiritual in her dealings too). There is an instinct within mothers that preserves, protects and nourishes. My mother has sacrificed more than I can possibly remember or count. She has loved and continues to love like nobody else can. As imperfect as she may be, her beauty grew ever so strong with every sacrifice that she made for me.

One most remarkable thing I learned today is that mothers deserve honor whether or not their actions were the best. But, if you have (or had) a mother  who demonstrated her love toward you, you are the better for it and should be very appreciate her. I also learned that reaching my highest potential in life depended greatly on the honor I accrue to my parents and those in authority over me. So, once again, many thanks to my mothers!

To wrap it up, I think it is most remarkable that God is referred to as El-Shaddai, the Strong and Breasted One. He amazes me all the time. He can protect you like a Father would and turn around to nourish and love you like only a Mother would. If you never knew your mother or she has passed, appreciate her and keep her in your heart in whichever way you can, but remember always that you have a father and a MOTHER in God.

Happy Mother’s Day!!!


P.S: I just think the song below speaks a lot concerning the HolySpirit (my first mother) and my other mothers (especially Ye ‘Lubusi – my mother).

1 comment:

  1. Happy Mothers Day to Ye'lubusi....she did a fine job!!! I'm uber-thankful for my mothers as well....#mom'srule

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...