About Me

My photo
*♫*Love is the flag flown high from the castle of my heart...*♫* Student; Blogger; Young Entrepreneur

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blissful Tears of Joy

What can separate us from God's love? Nothing!
Today is the 14th of September, 2010. I woke up this morning to something that was supposed to be good news but began to tend towards thoughts of worry and anxiety on decision-making as though I am in this world alone. Well, the next thought was “let’s fellowship with the Holy Ghost,” and so I got on my knees to start praying. In the beginning parts of my prayer [while speaking in tongues] I was still entertaining those worry thoughts. Now, all these happened within the space of 45 minutes.

All of a sudden, the Spirit of God reminded me of the song you are about to listen to – How He Loves by Kim Walker. I never heard it fully before; in fact, the first time I heard some part of it, I didn’t really like the rhythm, but I was still able to pick out a few words that I thought were interesting: “if grace is an ocean, we’re all sinking.” I really liked that being the grace-obsessed person that I am. That’s another day’s topic.

So, I began listening, and within a few minutes, I was in tears, experiencing the awesome billows of God’s tangible love that can only be best described in human words as blissful! In beautiful worship, like the song expresses, I simply forgot about any worries and focused on the fact that “He loves me…oh, how He loves me!” With that, anxiety was turned to joy unspeakable and complete confidence in my future. Glory to God!

My prayer for you right now is that, as you listen [please, listen to all of it even if you heard it before], all your worries and fears will be washed away by His awe-inspiring love. I pray that your heart will be open, even if you never experienced the love of God before. And, I pray that He causes your knees to tremble and that He ultimately sweeps you off your feet as you fall in love with Him like I did 5 years ago and still continue to do every new day [in a new way], in Jesus’ name. Amen!


Here are the words to the verses of the song [the choruses are easy to pick up on]:


Verse 1:
He is jealous for me 
Love's like a hurricane, I am a tree 
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy 
When all of a sudden, I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory 
And I realize just how beautiful You are and how great your affections are for me. 
Verse 2:

We are His portion and He is our prize, 
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes 
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking 
So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss and my heart turns 
violently inside of my chest 
I don't have time to maintain these regrets when I think about the way [He loves us]

2 comments:

  1. Goodness! Thanks for sharing that powerful testimony... Deji, remember that the Bible (Isaiah 40:31) likens those that wait upon the Lord to eagles. More accurately, likens our renewal of strength, our journey and what I'll like to call our "bounce back-ability" to the mounting-up of an eagle. Oh there's soo much to be said... I think I'll just split it into different comments, haha! Deji, in your testimony, you just shared a very powerful principle; one of the secrets to living a life that knows no defeat.

    Waiting upon the Lord refers to "ministering to the Lord"; waiting as a waiter attends the customers in a restaurant and listens to their order, as a servant awaits his Master, listens to receive instructions from him... it's the place where we drink of the river of living waters. That's why we're renewed... "they shall renew their strength."

    Look at what you said:
    "Well, the next thought was “let’s fellowship with the Holy Ghost,” and so I got on my knees to start praying. In the beginning parts of my prayer [while speaking in tongues] I was still entertaining those worry thoughts. Now, all these happened within the space of 45 minutes.

    All of a sudden, the Spirit of God reminded me..." Heeeyyy! That's the moment we wait for, when the Master begins speaking! You were waiting on the Lord, brother! Just like in Acts 13:1-2, "...As they ministered to the Lord, the Holy Ghost said...!" He knows exactly what to say to us... He knows exactly how to renew our strengths when we're troubled and perplexed by surrounding circumstances and worry and anxiety begin to creep in. He knows! Halleluyah!

    They that wait upon the Lord... they shall renew their strength! You applied that principle. And you know, sometimes, the reason we (Christians) seem to get defeated/knocked out in life is that we don't make time to minister to the Lord when challenges and adverse situations arise. You had an option, either to fellowship with the Spirit or not, oooh... ok, I'll stop here and share the next thought in the next comment, haha!

    God bless you, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair;
    Persecuted but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed (2 Corinthians 4:8-9)
    What happens when we wait on/minister to the Lord? ... "they shall mount up with wings as eagles" (Isaiah 40:31).

    Besides the strength with which an eagle can mount up, and the incredible heights it can attain, there's something else interesting about the eagle: how it goes through a storm. When the eagle is faced with a storm, instead of just fighting it with its own strength, it stretches out its wings, gets a little more wind, and then rises above the storm. Likewise, when we face the storms of life, or seemingly insurmountable circumstances, instead of fighting in our own strength and loosing, we should "stretch our wings"; minister to the Lord. It's at that place of ministering to the Lord, in that sweet fellowship of the Holy Spirit, that we release ourselves to the wind of the Spirit and we can rise above the storms of life, turning those storms into an advantage... by the transportation of the Spirit! That's why Pastor Chris says, "...we can never be disadvantaged!" Halleluyah!

    (I know the focus of the article was a bit different, but these are the things that hit me as I read it). Thanks again for sharing, brother. God bless you Sir!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts...